The ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) is an American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) standard that provides rules for the design, fabrication, and inspection of boilers and pressure vessels.
The codes consist of the following sections:
• Section I: Rules for construction of power boilers.
• Section II: Material specifications.
• Section III: Rules for construction of nuclear facility components.
• Section IV: Rules for construction of heating boilers.
• Section V: Nondestructive examination.
• Section VI: Recommended rules for the care and operation of heating boilers.
• Section VII: Recommended guidelines for the care of power boilers.
• Section VIII: Rules for construction of pressure vessels.
• Section IX: Welding, brazing, and fuzing procedures.
• Section X: Fiber-reinforced plastic pressure vessels.
• Section XI: Rules for in-service inspection of nuclear power plant components.
• Sections XII: Rules for construction and continued service of transport tanks.
• BPVC Code Cases: Boilers and Pressure Vessels.
• BPVC Code Cases: Nuclear Components.
The infographics below show an excerpt of Section VIII DIV I which is the rule for the construction of Pressure Vessels. This is to serve as a quick reference guide required in constructing different sections of the pressure vessels. This shouldn’t be substituted for an experienced professional while designing boilers and Pressure vessels.